The Office of Human Resources (OHR) serves as a trusted partner to all Howard employees and managers for resolving questions, conflicts, and issues that arise in the workplace.
We are dedicated to (1) enhancing the quality of employee working environments; (2) supporting positive communications between employees and managers; and (3) providing strategic support to academic and administrative issues.
We act as a neutral resource and take a collaborative approach to delivering proactive and strategic resolutions that benefits the overall University community.
The Employee Relations team offers consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues to all employees and managers.
The Employee Relations team assists in communications between employees and supervisors through the following services:
- Assists in the interpretation, explanation and clarification of University policies and procedures and key federal and state regulations
- Advises employees regarding their employment rights
- Facilitates dialogue on employee/employer issues
- Provides counsel to supervisors and employees regarding employment-related inquiries
- Assist supervisors with performance-based actions; corrective action and planning, disciplinary actions
- Organizational development and performance management procedures
Human Resources Services
The Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) are your first resource for general human resource representation and questions.