- If you are a new hire or experience a qualifying life event, make sure you do the following:
- Visit the www.myhowardbenefits.com website. There you can view detailed plan offerings and the most recent Benefits Guide to understand the benefits options available to determine what will be the best fit for you and your family.
- Review how your contribution rates impact your total cost of coverage.
- Think about how you’ve used healthcare services in the past year to help guide your benefit elections.
- Make sure to verify that your dependents are eligible for coverage and gather the required documentation for each dependent.
- Login to Workday to complete your benefits enrollment within 30 days of hire or experiencing a qualifying life event. Documentation of the qualifying life event is required and must be uploaded in Workday. Detailed instructions can be accessed through this job aid: https://share.percipio.com/cd/izUINm5lY
New Hire Enrollment Instructions
From any computer with Internet access open an Internet Browser:
- Navigate to https://accesshu.howard.edu.
- Click Sign-In (upper right-hand corner)
- The Workday app is located on the dashboard.
- From the Workday homepage, navigate to your inbox.
- Select new hire task.
- Select Let’s Get Started.
- Complete benefits enrollment through all required screens.
- Select the I Accept checkbox to provide an electronic signature.
- Click submit.
- Click done to complete the task or view benefits statement to review and print a summary of your benefits.
Important Note: You must act to enroll or waive benefits within 30 days of new hire. This is important for your TIAA retirement savings account to be establish.