We are excited to support your journey to begin or further your education or that of your eligible dependents. The Office of Human Resources will begin accepting Spring 2022 tuition remission applications beginning January 3, 2022, for the Spring 2022 semester. In accordance with the Office of the Registrar’s general registration timeline, the deadline to submit applications is January 31, 2022.
There is a new process for submitting tuition remission applications. Please take a moment to review and familiarize yourself with the Workday job aid for assistance on how to submit your Spring 2022 application and the required documents. The information provided in the job aid with guide you through the application submission process including the required supporting application documentation.
A few important items:
- Only employees can submit tuition remission requests in Workday on behalf of their dependents.
- Tuition remission requests must be submitted via Workday on or before January 31st.
- Tuition remission applications received without the required documentation will not be approved.
- Completed approved applications along with the required documents must be submitted via Workday.
Documents required with your tuition remission request:
- Employees must submit a completed approved tuition remission application.
- Employees must submit an unofficial transcript (from the previous semester). If you are a new student, you must submit an acceptance letter.
- If the application is being submitted on behalf of an eligible dependent(s), the employee must submit a completed approved tuition remission application, a copy of the eligible dependent(s) birth certificate, an unofficial transcript, or an acceptance letter if you are a new student. The acceptance letter and birth certificate are only required when submitting a tuition remission application for your dependent(s) for the first time.
Please be reminded that eligibility is based upon academic standing documented on the last unofficial transcript provided by the applicant. Once human resources receive your current unofficial transcript, we will review your Fall 2021 academic standing in order to determine your eligibility. The full remission of tuition benefits policy is available here.
Reminder: Please submit completed applications in Workday; any documentation not submitted in Workday will not be processed. If you have any questions regarding the tuition remission policy or application, please contact us at Benefits@howard.edu.